I'm a parent / teacher
A team of Road Safety Officers works with schools to enable children to develop road safety skills and to encourage walking and cycling. Road safety education is offered to every school in the county.
Road safety issues are promoted in several ways:
- Through work in the classroom using resources on free loan from the unit.
- With publicity campaigns.
- By practical training delivered by Road Safety Officers.
- By developing School Travel Plans.
- Establishing Walking Buses to encourage walking to school.